Thursday 14 April 2011

Animating my models - Logo

The model which I decided to animate first was my logo from the first scene on my storyboard. The reason why I chose this one first was because it required the simplest of the techniques I have learnt over the past few weeks. I used the auto-key technique and I rotated my logo so that it spun around over 250 frames. Then, I created some bullet holes like in my storyboard, by using Adobe Illustrator to make the template and then importing and extruding it in Adobe Illustrator. The image below shows the template which was extruded 3 times:


The image below shows the 3 bullet holes next to the logo. A material was added in order to make them look more metallic like and then they were squeezed, bent and melted in order to form a more realistic shape:



The bullet holes were then animated so that they appeared on screen after the logo has stopped rotating. Because of the limitations of the software, it meant that the bullet holes could not just appear, they always had to be in the scene. In order to combat this, I had to make the bullet holes so small that you could not see them to start with and then increased their size when I wanted them to appear. In fact, this gave a more realistic action so it was an improvement to my initial idea. 

In my storyboard, I wanted blood to leak into the scene from the bullet holes, however due to time constraints, it has meant that I did not have time to implement this. This meant that I had to find a different way of transitioning from the first scene to the second scene which was not accomplished in 3D Studio Max but in the media editor instead. 

The image below shows the tween timeline of my logo animation:



Finally, the video below shows my finished first scene: 

No comments:

Post a Comment