Thursday 14 April 2011

Animating my models - Silhouette

In order to increase my knowledge base, I asked my tutor how to improve my final scene to show off more animation techniques. He advised me to incorporate the biped tool instead of using the bone tool and to research videos on the internet to help me understand how to make it work.

The first thing I did was create and turbo-smooth a human mesh. Next, I created a bi-ped that was roughly the same size as the mesh I had created (see image below):


The next step was to move the bi-ped in the centre of the mesh and increase the bone sizes so that the skeleton fills up the majority of the mesh, giving the most realistic human movement. To make this easier, I made the mesh see-through and froze it into position so that it did not move. In the image below, you will see the bi-ped correctly positioned inside the mesh: 


Now, I had to envelope a skin around the bi-ped and mesh so that the 2 worked together as 1. Now, when I moved my mesh, the bi-ped moved too, creating realistic movements: 


After creating a bar stool using a series of cylinders and creating a bar area to put the martini glass model on, I decided to show my model walking towards the bar and sitting down on the bar stool. To achieve this, I used the foot step tool to create a path for the model to follow. Then, using tween and A LOT of time and patience, I managed to get my model to sit down correctly: 



In order to make final adjustments to my model, I unfroze him and made sure he was not see-through. I modified the envelope. I found this part fairly tricky, however, it produced a fairly decent result in the end. I then added a plain black material to him to make him look like a silhouette.  

After adding an appropriate background environment and lighting, the scene was completed:

1 comment:

  1. References for the background I used:

    Blogger
    2011
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qE4WurhIJM0/Swq_YYkNJKI/AAAAAAAAAxw/mfBcgBSLXrg/s400/Silhouette20Dancing20People.jpg
    Last accessed: 15/04/2011

    All other textures have been cited prior to this blog post

    ReplyDelete